Thursday, June 18, 2009

From The Front Seat




One of my favorite Mary Engebreit cards says "Don't look back - you're not going that way."


While that may be true, sometimes the view from the front seat looking back reminds us of some of the little things in life that brings us joy.


Heading anywhere with Al on a Friday afternoon with the road bikes securely in place on the Cycle-On and the promise of a charity bike ride. It doesn't matter if there is SAG, and the rest stops may be nothing more than a couple of cookies and over ripe bananas. What is important is after two years of volunteer service to the Wisconsin Society Daughters of the American Revolution, I've handed over my committee duties to the next administration and with that comes a sense of pride in a job well done. But also a sigh of relief and knowing I can trade volunteer time for time spent clipped in and enjoying the ride.


Our first organized ride of 2009 happens to be the Lupine Fest in Mercer, WI. The weather was perfect - overcast with enough of a breeze to keep the bugs away - and the route spectacular as we rode through pine and boreal forests, past pristine lakes and blueberry bogs. To quote Lance Armstrong: It's Not About The Bike. But it doesn't hurt when someone comments, "I like your jersey." It was as if someone had welcomed me back into the cycling community. On this day my jersey happened to be my new favorite. It says simply:


Ride Like A Girl

Copyright © 2009 by Cindy Bergeron Scherwinski

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails