Wednesday, May 15, 2013

A Year Of Creativity #135: Bloom Where You're Planted


Spring was late in arriving this year - it felt as if the winter of 2012-2013 was the never ending season. The morning after a day 'up north' which produced 30+ mph winds, sleet, rain and numerous snow squalls, I took a walk down the driveway. I was so intent on getting out to the road that I walked right by the patch of white hidden in the raspberry brush. I retraced my steps to find a patch of sanguinaria canadensis, otherwise known as Blood Root hidden among the brown of last years oak and elm leaves. 

It was a struggle to get though the tangle of raspberry brush and while the light wasn't at its best, I was happy to bring home an image of what feels like the first true sign of spring. Sometimes capturing the moment is more important than the perfect conditions. 

"Bloom Where You're Planted: Blood Root." Digital Image. May 13, 2013.
Copyright (c) Cindy Bergeron Scherwinski 2013

1 comment:

Cher' Shots said...

Beautiful post with the perfect little flower.
'love & hugs from afar'

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails