Lori at Genealogy and Me and Ruth Himan have both graciously gifted a Happy 101 Award. I was very surprised to 'open my gift' in a comment Lori left in response to my Treasure Thursday post, highlighting the journals of my grandmother Alma Polar Space. Ruth sent me a message via our connection on Facebook. Thank you. In the words of G.K. Chesterton I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.
Unlike trophies that collect dust eventually finding their way to a corner in your basement or attic, the Happy 101 Award comes with some accountability: to list 10 things that make me happy and 10 other bloggers who I will gift this award too. I hope that, if these blogs are unfamiliar to you, that you'll spend a few minutes. I guarantee they will soon become the favorite blogs in your life.
1. The knowledge that no matter what I encounter in my life, my faith will give me solid ground
2. The love and support of family.
3. The unconditional love of my dogs.
4. Spending time 'up north' no matter what the season.
5. Any time spent with my DAR 'sisters'
6. Planning a trip to Scotland.
7. Training or hunting with my English cockers.
8. Going anywhere with my husband in our '65 Mustang 2+2 Fastback.
9. Anytime spent on my bikes: mountain biking on a trail or on my road bike.
10. Listening to the sound of my children interacting in the next room.