Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Tombstone Tuesday: Just Me!


Prepartions for our traditional Memorial Day cemetery visits this year included: bug spray (check), grass clippers (check), flowers (check), scissors (check) and in prepartion for this week's Tombstone Tuesday, camera (check, check and doubl check).

My contribution to Tombstone Tuesday is the grave of Stanley "Pete" Gunderson (1913-1993) located in the Hogarty Cemetery in the village of Hogarty, Marathon county, WI. For as long as I have been a regular visit to the Hogarty Cemetery, the grave of Stanley Gunderson has fascinated me. The top photo is a close up of Mr. Gunderson's grave; the bottom photo is an overall view.

Next week I'll post the adjacent grave who I assume is the spouse of Stanley Gunderson as it has a similiar theme. Note to self: check out the Gunderson families in the surrounding area just to satisfy my curiosity!






Copyright (c) 2010 Cindy Bergeron Scherwinski

1 comment:

Dar said...

Tombstone Tuesday?....so is there a Morbid Monday?...the tombstone is unique tho, isn't it. I have a stone with our last name on it that we keep telling the kids, is going to be our headstone. They think we are kidding. Hmmm
Have a Great Day

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails