Thursday, June 17, 2010

Treasure Chest Thursday: Baaaa


My contribution for this Treasure Chest Thursday blogging prompt is as old as I am.

Don't bother checking my Facebook page to see if I've inadvertently listed my year of birth ... I'll save you the trip: 1953

At the time of my birth, my Dad was serving in the U.S. Navy, stationed in Japan while my mother (and eventually yours truly) were at her parents outside of Antigo. I'm convinced this is the reason I am so drawn to this piece of property, which my husband and I now own. Call it good vibrations, feng shue, karma ... whatever it is, it was where I spent my first few weeks of life and apparently it made an imprint on my life.

To mark the occasion of the birth of his first child, my Dad ordered flowers, pink and white carnations, and they arrived in this lamb vase.

Fast forward some 19 years later to the arrival of my first child and the new father, fulfilling a promise he made to the new grandmother, arrived with carnations for the new mom in the appropriate color (in this case, blue and white) in the lamb vase. Following it's first appearance in 19 years, the lamb vase and its blue and white bouquet made two more encore appearances.

Maybe this year we'll celebrate my birthday with a sentimental vase filled with pink and white carnations.

Copyright (c) 2010 Cindy Bergeron Scherwinski

3 comments:

mjhellman said...

I love this little sheep. It is wonderful you still have it.

~mel said...

awww... that's sweet ~ I hope your birthday wish comes true.

Dr. Bill (William L.) Smith said...

Neat! Youngster. ;-)
BTW, I love the bluebird and house on your blog... ;-)

Bill ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails